Sunday, November 1, 2009
Need to Find a Job - Help Please
Posted on 10:30 PM by admin
The following article covers a topic that has recently moved to center stage--at least it seems that way. If you've been thinking you need to know more about it, here's your opportunity.
When you need to find a job, one thing that should be kept in mind is not to let any interviewer know how desperate you are. They know times are tough and repeatedly hearing sob story after sob story will become tiresome. The sob stories might be true, but the point is to prove you can do the job better than anyone else, not that you need the job the most. The best time to learn about job is before you're in the thick of things. Wise readers will keep reading to earn some valuable job experience while it's still free.
When going for an interview, and yes there will be some, be as well dressed as possible and be prepared. By no means be late for the appointment or on the other hand to early. Arriving 15 minutes before the schedule time is what is best. This way if there is an application that needs to be filled out, there is time to complete it before the interview begins. During the interview never interrupt the person doing the interview. No matter how tempting it is to place input in the appropriate place, do not do it. I have interviewed people for positions that kept interrupting me. I had a plan of where I wanted the topics to stay and the more I was interrupted, the less likely I was to hire that person. I even had one person that kept talking while I was asking a question and in the end I waited for a response. They asked me what the question was again so I stated, "do you know your way out"? When you need to find a job do not be too desperate or it will come out and the odds of landing that job will diminish.
When going for an interview, and yes there will be some, be as well dressed as possible and be prepared. By no means be late for the appointment or on the other hand to early. Arriving 15 minutes before the schedule time is what is best. This way if there is an application that needs to be filled out, there is time to complete it before the interview begins. During the interview never interrupt the person doing the interview. No matter how tempting it is to place input in the appropriate place, do not do it. I have interviewed people for positions that kept interrupting me. I had a plan of where I wanted the topics to stay and the more I was interrupted, the less likely I was to hire that person. I even had one person that kept talking while I was asking a question and in the end I waited for a response. They asked me what the question was again so I stated, "do you know your way out"? When you need to find a job do not be too desperate or it will come out and the odds of landing that job will diminish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No Response to "Need to Find a Job - Help Please"
Leave A Reply